another entry in the extended interactions series that i’ve been shooting when the time / circumstances allow.
kelle and i met on the train a couple weeks ago, and went to talk over coffee about the photo project i’m working on. she was intriqued and agreed to meet up today.
- the cat’s name is olio
- kelle’s mother made the quilts on her bed and the one in the last shot – her mother owns a quilting store in arizona where kelle grew up – her father owns a desert 4×4 offroad truck customization shop
- kelle says that her freckles are one of her favorite traits – she says they’re the reason she doesn’t have any tattoos
- the plant on the rail was a gift from a friend. she brought it from arizona with her when she moved to the bay
- the wicker box: kelle’s sex toys – only past boyfriends knew about it before our shoot today
- the knife and cutting board: kelle’s favorite items. she works as a cooking instructor
- the geode on the shelf as a bookend: when kelle was a child she would go on hikes with her grandfather – he found and collected rocks, gems and geodes – this is one he found
- the cuts on kelle’s wrist: inflicted by olio while we were shooting… i kept my distance from him